Development of GLdc has moved to Gitlab
This is a partial implementation of OpenGL 1.2 for the SEGA Dreamcast for use with the KallistiOS SDK.
It began as a fork of libGL by Josh Pearson but has undergone a large refactor which is essentially a rewrite.
The aim is to implement as much of OpenGL 1.2 as possible, and to add additional features via extensions.
Things left to (re)implement:
- Spotlights (Trivial)
- Framebuffer extension (Trivial)
- Texture Matrix (Trivial)
Things I'd like to do:
- Use a clean "gl.h"
- Define an extension for modifier volumes
- Add support for point sprites
- Optimise, add unit tests for correctness
GLdc uses CMake for its build system, it currently ships with two "backends":
- kospvr - This is the hardware-accelerated Dreamcast backend
- software - This is a stub software rasterizer used for testing testing and debugging
To compile a Dreamcast debug build, you'll want to do something like the following:
mkdir dcbuild cd dcbuild cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../toolchains/Dreamcast.cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" .. make
For a release build, replace the cmake line with with the following:
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../toolchains/Dreamcast.cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
You will need KallistiOS compiled and configured (e.g. the KOS_BASE environment variable must be set)
To compile for PC:
mkdir pcbuild cd pcbuild cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" .. make
- Massive shout out to Hayden Kowalchuk for diagnosing and fixing a large number of bugs while porting GL Quake to the Dreamcast. Absolute hero!